Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Movie Trivia

A lot of famous movies all contain bits of trivia that a lot of people do not know about. Fortunately, there is one who can help you: me. Join me as we journey into the unknown side of movies.

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl: Jack Sparrow. Tinker, tailor, sailor, pirate. We all know him as the main characters. However, DID YOU KNOW THAT Jack Sparrow was actually a minor character in the original script? Due to Johnny Depp's improvisation, the quirky Jack was brought into play, and a whole movie franchise was saved.
Star Wars IV: A New Hope: The stormtroopers in this movie are the worst A.I. I have ever seen. They cannot hit a single target and are simple minded enough to be susceptible to the Jedi mind wipe. But DID YOU KNOW THAT one of them is so stupid as to hit his head on one of the doors? It's in there, trust me. Look closely when a group is going through a door.
X-Men: If you haven't seen it, see it. Two teams of people who are scorned by the rest of the world. The script used was written by Brian Singer, also notable for Superman Returns. Again, DID YOU KNOW THAT the original script was written by Joss Whedon? Joss Whedon was the writer for The Avengers. Only two lines of his script have survived to make it in the movie:
"Whoa, wait, it's me."
"Prove it."
"You're a dork."
*beat*
"Okay."
-and-
"Do you what happens to a Toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else." (Toad promptly gets zapped off the building)
NOW YOU KNOW!

2 comments:

  1. And when the stormtroopers say "Close the blast door" they realize they're on the wrong side of the door and say, "Open the blast door! OPEN THE BLAST DOOR!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DID know about them hitting their head, but I didn't know they were A.I. I thought they were just guys with white armor.

    ReplyDelete